Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Legal advice needed about joint custody and fathers rights?

I share joint custody with my exwife of our 7 yr old son. My question is can my exwife(legally) keep my fiancee from doing things regarding my son? For examples I would like my fiancee to go to parent/teacher conferences with us but my exwife is like no way its not her kid. My fiancee is a big part of my sons life and i feel she should go too. The only reason my exwife does not want her there is jeasousy.Can she do this when i have joint custody?Legal advice needed about joint custody and fathers rights?
No she can not legally do anything. You have moved on with your life and your fiance is part of your son's life as well. You ex is just doing this as a power trip sort of thing. My now husband goes to everything with me regarding my son's and there is nothing my ex can do to stop it. They can rant and rave about it but that is all. Glad you have a great partner that is willing to share in your son's life too.Legal advice needed about joint custody and fathers rights?
Your ex-wife cannot keep your fiancee from being a part of your sons life legally. As long as you have joint physical and legal custody. She is just trying to use this scare tactic as many ex-wife's try to do.
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment